The success of the product is invariably determined by the efficacy of its roadmap. The product roadmap is crucial for an effective management of the product lifecycle. This ebook emphasizes on preparing product roadmap on the foundation of a strong product vision. The product vision should succinctly describe what the products stand for, why it exists and what is its purpose (both from the perspective of customers and organization). Accordingly, draft a product strategy that outlines the direction of the product in both short-term and long-term. The product roadmap outlines the plan of action to execute product strategy by defining the what features to build in each release.
This eBook discusses the following topics of product roadmap:
- Discovering needs
- Converting needs into requirements
- Drafting requirements into PRD (Product Requirements Document)
- Categorizing requirements into tactical, strategic, and disruptor
- Identifying percentage split for each of those categories
- Socializing requirements with the engineering team,
- Deriving metrics for prioritization of requirements using scorecard methodology and
- Ruthlessly prioritizing requirements balancing both short term and long term objectives in alignment with the product strategy.
In addition, the eBook also elaborates methodologies to evaluate the efficacy of the product roadmap to reinforce the feedback back into the prioritization process for effective and efficient prioritization of product requirements. Another critical that is covered by this eBook is to elaborate how product roadmap can play a vital role while a product is undergoing a cusp of major technological changes as older technology reaches an inflection point.
Please fill in the details below to get a free PDF copy of the eBook. I will assure you that I will not spam your email, I might reach you for feedback (of course, with your permission :-))