I am glad to end 2016 with the completion of the 3rd edition of my eBook – ‘Building New Product – Experiences of a Product Manager’. I released 1st edition of the eBook towards the end of 2014. Ever since, I did a critical review of my work to check whether I had provided enough information in my eBook, accordingly evolved it into 3rd edition. I did so, by holistically reflecting on my experiences of building the new product not just by introspecting what I did better but also being critical about where did I go wrong and what I could have done better. I leveraged those insights to provide more actionable information on how to build a great product that is:
- Built on a foundation of strong product vision that ultimately defines the purpose and objective (WHY?) behind the new product.
- Built in alignment with real needs of real customers and as desired by those real customers.
- Built not just for needs of today but for needs of tomorrow.
- Built with all essential attributes that drive customer preferences towards the new product.
- Built with a focus on doing one thing (that drives customer preference) awesomely right instead of doing everything right.
- Built with a basic premise of think bold, think future unconstrained by any limitations.
I really appreciate if you could take a look and drop your thoughts or comments.
Please be aware that the book is still WIP (Work In Progress), I am still contemplating to create better frameworks. The efforts are eluding me for a long time, hope I will be lucky soon. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions or recommendations, please do not hesitate to reach me at murali[dot]erraguntala[at]gmail[dot]com
You can find the download copy of the eBook at productguy.in/ebook/building-enterprise-product